FITMOD can be executed as standalone application or as a MATLAB function
Two files are necessary: filename.in and filename.def, where filename can be passed
as argument (default filename is "fitmod")
The filename.in contains the data in two columns (x y). Additionally, a header including the
variables' names (separated by comma) can be added: "Xname, Yname"
The filename.def cotains the model definition:
* Comments must start with %
* The model is defined in DEFMODSTR
* Fitting parameters are included in DEFMODSTR as A, B, C, ...
* Non-fitting parameter values must be denoted as p1, p2, p3, ... and defined (e.g. p1=3.1416)
* The parameter search requires either:
a) The starting search values for A, B, C, ... between brackets in start_values
option uses the Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm)
b) The parameter search intervals between brackets in lower_bounds and
Additionally, definition of start_values is possible.
(This option uses the Trust-Region algorithm)
Three EXAMPLE files are included in this package ex1, ex2 and fitmod (default).